Slideshow Image 0 Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7 Slideshow Image 8 Slideshow Image 9 Slideshow Image 10 Slideshow Image 11 Slideshow Image 12 Slideshow Image 13 Slideshow Image 14

Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Stepstool for Karis

IMG_2337
If you asked me what I’ve done in June, I would point at this picture. I believe this is my 34th stepstool. I am currently trying to finish four stepstools I promised to very dear friends when their babies were born (most of their babies are now 1 or 2-years-old . . . sigh). My goal was to finish all four by the end of June but I only managed to complete this one. They just take a lot of time from assembling, sanding, priming, painting & sealing. I have a difficult time fitting in “painting time” with work, a two-year-old, domestic duties & Daddy’s summer school schedule. My next deadline – July.

This whole “stool painting” thing started back when I painted two lil’ stools for my niece & nephew. Then my dear friend, Denise, had her first child, Bailey. Karis is her third. Here are the stepstools I’ve painted for her children over the past several years. I told her she needs to slow down since I’m incredibly slow at painting stepstools, and I don’t know how many more stepstools I have in me. I don’t know if she’s listening – ha! I do hope Karis enjoys this for years to come!

IMG_2330
Bailey’s stool (the older sister)

IMG_2992
Laken’s stool (the older brother)

IMG_3141
One down . . . three more to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment