Slideshow Image 0 Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7 Slideshow Image 8 Slideshow Image 9 Slideshow Image 10 Slideshow Image 11 Slideshow Image 12 Slideshow Image 13 Slideshow Image 14

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Glimpses of God’s Beauty

“The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands.” Psalm 19:1-2
I felt I had too many pics to share in the Colorado blog. So, I wanted to devote one post entirely to the beauty of God’s creation. I find so much joy in admiring God’s handiwork, and for some reason, I really enjoyed snapping images of it this year.

IMG_1738
Sunset on the San Juan Mountains – just down Grandma Rachel’s road. A favorite walk to take in the evening just to get a glimpse of the color & magnificence.

IMG_1849
The reflection of the sky and trees in the waters at Fish Creek Reservoir.

IMG_1840
Another view of Fish Creek Reservoir. It was a perfect day.

IMG_1831
Due to the wet spring and summer, the Indian Paintbrush was thriving.

IMG_1836
Call me crazy, but this plant/weed was so interesting to me.

IMG_1709
I’ve never seen a solid white Columbine either – this was a first for me.

IMG_1770
Growing up in the Oklahoma Panhandle, I’m a sucker for clouds. This was on a hike.

IMG_1810
This pic was taken at an entirely different location than the former. This is just before a sunset looking out from Grandma’s home. I wish you could see how radiant the white cloud really was. It made you squint looking directly at it.

IMG_1856
A view of the San Juan Mtns from a hike. Nothing else to say but “WOW.”

IMG_1826
This tree wasn’t so fortunate but it made for an interesting picture.

IMG_1807
The gorgeous, ever-changing scenery at Grandma’s. A storm is coming – yippee!!

IMG_1788
And . . . here it is. You can’t even see the Ridge from the downpour.

IMG_1713
The peonies at Grandma’s were unbelievable. Next to tulips, they are my favorite flower. I just loved admiring them.

IMG_1866
We were able to enjoy the peonies inside as well. Who needs a florist?

1 comment:

  1. love these pics! isn't CO lovely this time of year? glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete