Slideshow Image 0 Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7 Slideshow Image 8 Slideshow Image 9 Slideshow Image 10 Slideshow Image 11 Slideshow Image 12 Slideshow Image 13 Slideshow Image 14

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The latest news

I feel like I will be repeating this statement for many posts to come, but repetition doesn't diminish its sincerity. Thank you so much for your concern and prayers for our family. We learned today that I have a rare sarcoma (cancerous tumor) in my right forearm. Our biggest prayer request continues to be that the cancer is contained in my right forearm. I will have a PET scan and another MRI early next week to see if it has spread and learn more about the extent of the tumor in my arm. This information will help to determine the best plan of action when we meet with the doctor on Tuesday, April 23. Please pray for wisdom on behalf of the doctors concerning treatment and how to eradicate the cancer. We are humbled by the prayer support of so many!

In the weekly Bible study I attend, my group leader said something today that resonated with me, "Don't put your problem on the pedestal, put God there." Ultimately, I know God is on His throne, but it is a moment by moment exercise to remind my heart and combat the enemy. Thankful He is Emmanuel, God with us!

1 comment:

  1. You remain in my heart and on my mind. You may have already visited cancer.org to learn more about the sarcoma but if not, go and you can get a handle on terms that doctors sometimes throw around like we all know what they mean; and also get ideas of what you should ask when you are in the office. At first, I would just say, "No, nothing at all." when the doc would ask if I had any questions and then beat myself up because I had a million "questions" but I didn't know what to ask. Take care and God bless.
    Sheila Blankenship

    ReplyDelete