Slideshow Image 0 Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7 Slideshow Image 8 Slideshow Image 9 Slideshow Image 10 Slideshow Image 11 Slideshow Image 12 Slideshow Image 13 Slideshow Image 14

Friday, January 6, 2012

Whee . . . Down the Slide!

IMG_3785
This is a very common phrase around our household. Alexa used to call all slides a “whee” but now she has added “down the slide.” And boy . . . did we ever “whee” yesterday. It was a glorious day – temps near 70 degrees. We definitely had to get outside to frolic in the warm sunshine. Alexa will say, “Park . . . kay.” Except it isn’t really a suggestion. It’s more of a statement letting me know she’s great with her recommendation, and I should hop on the “Alexa wants her way” bandwagon. I was all for it yesterday. Here are a few snapshots from our trips to the park. Yes, we visited the playground two times - pre- and post-nap. Delightful!

IMG_3777
I said it was warm outside. I didn’t say it was without wind. It’s Oklahoma, after all!

IMG_3779
Alexa enjoys hanging from a bar to swing herself into full throttle “whee.”

IMG_3781
What a landing! And look at those teeth . . . I love her imperfect grin.

IMG_3782
Lil’ A also enjoys sliding down on her belly. She calls this the “body” slide. She’s sizing up the slope and determining how much speed she’ll pick up on the descent.

IMG_3783
Alright – here I go Mommy! Please make sure I don’t “Superman” off.

IMG_3788
On the walk (I mean, the run) home, Alexa enjoys watching her shadow.

IMG_3791 
She kept looking at her shadow and waving. She’d say, “Hi shadow.” What a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment