Slideshow Image 0 Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7 Slideshow Image 8 Slideshow Image 9 Slideshow Image 10 Slideshow Image 11 Slideshow Image 12 Slideshow Image 13 Slideshow Image 14

Saturday, December 24, 2011

I’m Dreaming of a “Green & Red” Christmas

For the last five years, I’ve definitely dreamt of a “White Christmas.” I love the look of a white tree. It’s dazzling. Most of my white decorations came from Nonie, my grandmother who always had an unbelievable tree. So, a “white" Christmas holds sentimental value for me as well. However, this year, I finally gave in to my hubby’s request for a traditional Christmas tree. (I suppose it also had to do with a little girl who loves “ormanents”). I have to admit adding green and red to our Christmas décor really jazzed up the place. I grew up with a traditional tree so I find great delight in reminiscing over the ornaments that trim our tree and the new memories we are making with Lil’ A. Here’s a look at the facelift from bright white to vivid color. I always joke that when we live in our “grown-up” house I’ll have both kinds of trees on display and they’ll be big! Mommy LOVES Christmas!!

IMG_3502 
This year’s décor included column candles wrapped in ribbon and a new tree skirt & stockings. We will get the stockings embroidered. Another project for 2012.

IMG_2944
Here’s my white tree . . . sniff, sniff. The tree was bequeathed to us from my sister and brother-in-law. The decorations were Nonie’s. She had brilliant taste and I love having a piece of her with us every Christmas. The column candles and garland were from our wedding. I’m feeling so “green.”

IMG_3520 
There’s nothing more magical than starting at the Christmas tree, Christmas music playing in the background, and a holly berry candle burning . . . sipping hot chocolate with marshmallows adds extra bliss to the ambience. Even Alexa enjoyed laying down with her blankie by Mommy to stare up at the tree. 

IMG_2965
I pray each one of you has a very Merry Christmas Eve whether it be “white” or “green and red.”

1 comment:

  1. beautiful decorations! I loved receiving your card today-Alexa is seriously so cute! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete