Slideshow Image 0 Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7 Slideshow Image 8 Slideshow Image 9 Slideshow Image 10 Slideshow Image 11 Slideshow Image 12 Slideshow Image 13 Slideshow Image 14

Monday, March 5, 2012

Monday pick-me-up

“WUV TWU WUV” (six years of marriage)
Artist's Choice
 
This is my all-time fave wedding pic captured by my dear friend, Shannon Ho. It’s evident we are very happy to be hubby and wife.

Six years ago yesterday, I walked down the aisle to become "Mrs. Christopher Kennedy.” I remember my dear friend, Brooke, telling me how blessed I was to snatch such a regal last name. I agreed (I sure wouldn’t have to spell it out as often as “Scoggins”). However, my hubby has given me so much more than a stellar last name – alliterative even! He has enriched my days with friendship, hope, security, comfort, wisdom, leadership, adventure, laughter and unconditional love. We’re a team. Throughout this journey, we’re learning our strengths and weaknesses. We’re learning when to speak and when to listen. We’re learning there’s a time to cry and a time to celebrate. We’re growing in our love and respect for one another. And most importantly, we’re deepening in our dependence on and love for the Lord. I read a card in Hallmark awhile ago that made me giggle. I’m borrowing a few lines from it (and adding a few of my own).

--We do fun
--We do serious
--We do chaos
--We do takeout
--We do mistakes
--We do forgiveness
--We do laundry
--We do dessert
--We do silly
--We do life

And I’m so thankful, I have the privilege of “doing life” with you, Chris!

Artist's Choice
KENN-8182
What did we do yesterday, you ask? With a hubby in the midst of studying for two finals today and tomorrow – not much. But that’s totally okay. We do look forward to a much anticipated getaway to Charleston, SC, this spring when Chris’ parents come to watch Lil’ A. We can’t wait to reconnect and escape a while from a year that has had its ups and downs. I can definitely say I wouldn’t have chosen some of the experiences we’ve faced since March 4, 2006, but I am thankful I shared them with my honey. I’m thankful we are stronger because of them. Chris definitely centers me.

IMG_4136
We did celebrate in high fashion with a free pizza from Papa John’s. Nothing says “I love you” like garlic dipping sauce.

IMG_4140
Of course, I requested dessert from my favorite local French bakery, La Baguette. It may not look pretty but that is my decadent fudge caramel cake in the background. Nothing delights my taste buds quite like this treat. I have a strict "no morsel left behind” policy. Chris enjoyed the lighter fare, a chocolate mousse cup.

Artist's Choice
Happy six years honey! Just fifty-four more!

”Let us acknowledge the Lord; let us press on to acknowledge Him. As surely as the sun rises, He will appear; He will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth.” Hosea 6:3

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary! How fun that you are headed to Charleston...we will be there the last week of May!!

    ReplyDelete