Slideshow Image 0 Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7 Slideshow Image 8 Slideshow Image 9 Slideshow Image 10 Slideshow Image 11 Slideshow Image 12 Slideshow Image 13 Slideshow Image 14

Saturday, November 19, 2011

What’er My God Ordains Is Right

Throughout this season, I’ve had many dear friends speak Truth over my life through scripture, song and quotations. This have been so meaningful to me – especially when I was incapable of seeking Truth for myself. I wanted to share these sweet nuggets of Truth that have greatly encouraged me and still do. Thank you, Laura, for taking the time to love on me!

In a random segue, I just received news of the unexpected death of a six-month-old child. News like this is absolutely heart wrenching. I tear up unexpectedly just thinking about it. At least for me, tragedies like this cannot be explained outside of the sovereignty of the Father and the promise He is good, faithful, and right in all He does. He will receive glory from this child’s short life - even in loss.

In light of that, the song, “What’er My God Ordains is Right” keeps rolling through my head as well as this quotation from a sermon about sanctification and suffering. My prayer for you is encouragement through Truth – no matter what you might be facing.
“Part of what sanctification does is to create a certain kind of toughness. Not the kind of toughness that causes you to be numb to what’s going on around you. And certainly not the kind of toughness that causes you to be independent. But the kind of toughness that says ‘I understand that what’s happening here isn't surprising; what's happening to me isn't accidental; what's happening is part of what God's doing in my life, and what God is doing in my life is good; God ultimately has something to do for me that's going to be a blessing.’ And when all of this is over and done with I'm going to say: ‘God you were right to let me go through that time in my life. And what that produced in my life was good. And when you were walking me through this you were not being a dictator over me, you were being a father to me.’”
Russell Moore (SBTS), "Life in the Mist: James 1:1-8"


What'er My God Ordains Is Right
Whate’er my God ordains is right,
Holy His will abideth.
I will be still whate’er He does,
And follow where He guideth.
He is my God,
Though dark my road.
He holds me that I shall not fall
Wherefore to Him I leave it all
Whate’er my God ordains is right,
He never will deceive me
He leads me by the proper path,
I know He will not leave me
I take, content,
What He hath sent
His hand can turn my griefs away
And patiently I wait His day

Whate’er my God ordains is right,
Here shall my stand be taken
Though sorrow, need, or death be mine,
Yet I am not forsaken.
My God is true,
Each morn anew
Sweet comfort yet shall fill my heart
And pain and sorrow shall depart

No comments:

Post a Comment